Monday, October 31, 2011

Zvazda's ISD Draft #3




MTGO is being very bad about saving games lately so I don't have any game recaps.  Suffice to say we went 1-2 losing to much better decks (including the blue tempo deck we passed and didn't have a chance against).

Listen Along with Zach


Ten Summoner's Tales - Sting - This is my favorite Sting album and not just because it has Fields of Gold, which reminds me of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - the saddest cancellation since Firefly.

Artificial Heart - Jonathan Coulton - Thank goodness I ran so good on music on this disappointing 1-2 daft.  Seriously, if you haven't heard this album yet, go get it.  Then go get everything else JoCo has done and listen to that.

2 comments:

  1. P1P2: I like this pick.

    P1P5: I like the Think Twice better than the Alchemy here. Alchemy doesn't seem to fit very well with Red.

    P1P8: Fine pick but considering the Grotto seems fine too.

    P1P9: Clutches

    P2P1: Galvanic Juggernaut! HROUMPH!

    P2P3: NO! The Scourge might table, five-drops are everywhere. It's between the two flashback spells and I like the Instant a bit better.

    P2P4: Obviously... You're U/R?

    P2P5: I like this pick. The more the better.

    P2P6: Selhoff Occultist.

    P2P7: Makeshift Mauler.

    P2P11: Told you! I think I like the Devils a bit better but not sure at all...

    P2P12: Nonono. Ancient Grudge is playable.

    P3P1: GOLIATH!

    P3P4: Maw is awesome.

    P3P6: Loose! The pick here is Into the Maw of Hell, I think.

    P3P8: This pick is okay, I think. You have one cultist already...

    Generally, I don't think moving into Green is a good move here. Stick to Blue, mate, it's a far better colour!

    Also; Sting's Ten Summoner's Tales is a nice album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In prerelease I had several drafts where Maw just sat in my hand while I died cuz I couldn't hit land number 6. Probably being rotty. Need to bring it back to awesome, expensive kill anything status.

    Yeah, juggernaut is better than silent departure.

    Obviously, moving into Green was a pretty big mistake. Wish I hadn't :-/.

    ReplyDelete