Monday, October 24, 2011

Penix's INN draft #2















Looking over this draft again, I think there's a solid argument that could be made that I did as much as possible to screw this deck up, but I think it ended up coming together at the end, and I was pretty happy with the final list. From watching the replays, it didn’t have quite as much power as some of the other decks, but it was one of the only 2-colour decks in the whole draft, and it was pretty consistent.
Although it lacked a lot of removal, once I got to four or five mana and above the quality of my cards were pretty great. I didn’t have many insane bombs, but I had a lot of cards that could pretty happily
win the game on their own. Standout performers were the Watchkeep, Grasp of Phantoms, and all of my five-drops. Unfortunately I don’t think I ever even drew the Dragon? So I have no idea how that would
have gone, although I found myself getting to 6-8 mana pretty regularly.

I went 2-0 with this, and then split the finals. Marshall lost in the first round :(

2 comments:

  1. P1P1: You have to take the Dragon here, even though I could actually see a reason for the Noble.

    P1P2: I think Grasp is a good pick here because you want to get to the lategame to play your dragon.

    P1P3: Ironsmith is actually pretty good, but I still see the reason for picking the Geist.

    P1P4: That's actually okay, I don't think there's anything wrong with Lantern Spirit.

    P1P8: definitely devils here.

    P1P10: I probably take the Wings here.

    P2P2: The Pitchburn Devils are much better in your deck.

    P2P3: I think one could argue for both the Neonate and the Curse here. The Grotto is not terrible but you already have one Curse and milling isn't too bad a strategy, I think?

    P2P6: The pick is right but notice that there is also a mill card. You might've gotten there?!

    P2P8: And another mill card ;)

    P2P11: Wings?

    P3P2: Yep, Marauders are a house.

    P3P4: The Alchemist would be sick if you had taken the millcards instead of the nothings you took over them though...

    P3P6: Fine pick. Notice the mill cards just keep flowing.

    P3P7: Man you could've had a fine mill deck :)

    P3P11: More mill...!

    P3P12: More mill?

    I think you drafted a really decent deck but I also think it might've been worth it to keep your eyes open for milling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P1P7 - Ashmouth Hound is pretty solid for a red dude, I think and deranged assistants normally come later. That being said deranged assistant is probably still the pick.
    P1P8 - Riot Devils or Hollowhenge scavanger. This is a fairly big signal that G is open and if you aren't playing the riot devils may as well take the green card.
    P2P1 - Wow, way to brick on Red cards ;).
    P2P3 - I take the wolf run. Maybe you play it, maybe not.
    P2P4 - I might be super greedy, but I take the dead weight here.
    P2P5 - Villain being able to flip him at will and make him attack so he doesn't block is kind of annoying though... I still take the devils.

    ReplyDelete