Sunday, October 2, 2011

Zvazda's M12 Draft #15




In retrospect I like being less greedy and maindecking the phantasmal bear over the pharaoh.

M1G1 - he got flooded a little, we punished him with a bloodthirsted croc and then when he finally hit a guy who could block it, we frost breathed and crashed in for the win.

M1G2 - he starts off with an aggressive griffin rider into griffin.  We played a crazy control game where we had finally stabilized... only to die when he got enough lands to fireball us out.

M1G3 - we flooded out and his stave off to save his lawkeeper from doomblade was crippling.  We stalled long enough with double frost breath to draw a crocodile and giant spider, which was fine til he hit his fifth land for serra.  GG.

M2G1 - We fact or fictioned into vengeful pharoah which felt really good :).  Also, double looter and Aether adept let us live long enough to just take over the game.  We dropped primeval titan (putting us to 9 from the blood seeker).  He untapped and played warstorm surge.  We unsummoned one guy, doombladed the other, then crashed in for lethal.

M2G3 - This game was really interesting.  We ramped out a primeval titan, but went down to 4 from his hideous visage.


Our next draw was the sphinx, at which point we attacked with titan and passed the turn.  He tried to fling, but we negated it then frost breathed the berserker and tormented soul.  We ripped unsummon and unsummoned the blood seeker allowing us to cast our sphinx.  We crashed in for lethal next turn.

M3G1 - T1 - Birds.  T2 - Adaptive automaton naming spiders.  T3 - bloodthirsted croc.  The croc got him down to 12 before he drew the turn to frog for it, by this time we had the giant-giant spider, merfolk looter and had used the adept to kill his phantasmal dragon.  He ends up stablizing with a trollhided rhino but we finally win with doom blade +double frost breath.

M3G2 - This game we both played a tempo game, with multiple unsummons and aether adepts... unfortunately for villain he didn't get a card draw engine and he couldn't beat the satchel.   He tried to stabilize, but we ended up with all of our lands on the battlefield and satchelling into sphinx FTW.

LISTEN ALONG WITH ZACH


Bartok - Sonata for two pianos and percussion - This piece is amazing and every moment of it is a race to the finish.

Let it Be - Beatles.

Songs from an american Pt. 1 - Everclear.  This is my favorite everclear album.

Once (soundtrack) selected tracks.

Way to Normal - Leak - Ben Folds - before the release of Way to Normal Ben Folds leaked a "fake CD" with a bunch of "bad" songs as a joke for his fans.  Now some of these songs are canonic and are actual concert staples :).




2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have moved into blue until P1P7, then would have taken the Rampant Growth over the Unsummon P1P9, and then Crumbling Colossus over the second Rampant Growth P1P11. I would have also probably picked Divination over the Lawkeeper P2P4, just because I know I'm going to play it and it helps me draw my bombs. Otherwise I agree with all of your picks!

    I think I wouldn't have played the Pharaoh; you only have three ways to get it into your graveyard and one of those is a 7-drop (and the other two are dudes that your opponents will try to kill as soon as possible). I think another Rampant Growth might have gone quite well in that slot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P1P2: Looter is a fine pick here, I feel. Giant Spider is fine but Looter is a lot better.

    P1P4: I'm fine with the Frost Breath pick here. You've already got one late-game bomb and the Wurm is really costy.

    P1P9: I think Ramp is the pick here, though. Unsummon is a tempo card and you can't say your deck is aggressive enough to use that currently. Ramping into titan seems like a much more solid plan with two other rampers already.

    P2P1: Satchel is awesome, definitely right pick.

    P2P3: Really, really close. I think I'd take the Looter here even though you do have fixing.

    P2P4: No-no. Gravedigger is in the colour you just decided to splash and is decent. Pick that.

    P2P6: I'd feel better about it with another Looter already in the pile.

    P2P7: Ramp is good but don't you need some dudes, too?

    P2P8: Wow. That guy is 1st-pickable.

    P3P5: If the Azure Mage didn't fulfill the same function, only one-sided, I'd pick the Rites here. You have the Ramp to play it, I think.

    P3P9: What! Ramp, 3-drop AND 5-drop would be before 2nd Unsummon in my book. I think, if your dude-count is good, I'd pick the Ramp. Otherwise, Basilisk.

    P3P12: I think so too!

    Looks like the deck was a lot of fun, though, and surviving that Visage-powered Alpha looks like it was really exciting!

    ReplyDelete