Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lobster 667's M12 Draft #3 8-4






Comments on the Deck:
Looks fine, if rather slow. It has an aggressive side too, though, and can start on the dreaded T2 Rider into T3 Griffin every now and then, and it has some decent defenders to lock down the ground in case I'm starting with the DoJ.

Comments on the Games:
Match 1 I won 2-1. In the first game, I went Rider into Griffin Sentinel into Assault Griffin and he just never came back. He won game two, perhaps partially because I don't know a lot about how to play DoJ (I had some good guys in hand and an Egg on the table against his Fireslinger and he was locked on three lands, so I figured I'd Wrath and get aggressive, but he started drawing his lands right there and just got there). I safely stomped him in game 3 and was feeling pretty optimistic about the deck's chances.

Well, in Match 2, I was squashed. I kept a nice 2-lander in round one and never saw another land, trying to fend for myself with a single Stormfront Pegasus against a Black/Red assault that severly punished my mana screw.
In round two, I had to mull a 6-lander and kept a fine 2-lander that had Pegasus, Egg, Griffin Sentinel and DoJ. I started by drawing Incinerate (which I used on a Child of Night) and another Sentinel while villain got a thirsted Berserker into play. When I finally drew my third land, I couldn't keep up. I never got to 4 which would have enabled me to reset the board. I was really sad that I got such a beating out of just bad rips, but that's how it goes every now and then.

Looking forward to Innistrad Online!

1 comment:

  1. P3P6 - I definitely take the stingerfling here. That guy is so good and so splashable.

    P3P7 - Rootbound crag for the splash!!! oh wait...

    P3P9 - I don't like taking the distress here, I like taking the mighty leap.

    Sorry about the mana screw, just remember if there was no screw, it would be chess!

    ReplyDelete