Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Smerle's 8/30 #2 M12 Draft

(It was a Tuesday night and Smerle was going CRAAAAAZY with two drafts in one night.  Was his mind muddled form a previous draft? Or was he on a roll, you decide.)



So with my recent winnings keeping me pretty much even, decided to give it another go tonight.  This one I think I made some mistakes in pack 1, got lucky with Grave Titan in pack 2, but think I maybe didn't build enough of a defense to support him.  Some unlucky card draw made it even more of an uphill battle.  The Sphinxes did their job one game to stall things out, but I couldn't get that Consume to knock off the final 4 HP to win.  Just really hard to slow things down in this format with most decks so aggro and I didn't have enough removal/tempo in the early game; especially against cheap flyers.  1-2, streak broken.  :(


2 comments:

  1. P1P4 - This is a really tough pick. I try not to read anything before 5th pick as a signal (could have been a mind control and frost titan in here). The Bat is certainly the safe pick, it helps you bloodthirst your outcasts and UR is a nice archetype to be in. If I'm taking a blue card I probably take the drake but I am not confident about that.

    P1P5 - I prefer the fireslinger to the swarm.

    P2P2 - I like the frost breathe pick here.

    P2P6 - I think Child of night is the pick here. He will help you survive to the late game too, because he is impossible to race. I don't think you need/want more 5 drops.

    P2P8 - I probably take the redirect here. It can frequently be a blowout, but it might just be that I would want to try out the rare.

    P3P1 - !!! Dedication.

    P3P2 - I think I prefer the tormented soul over consume spirit, but I might be stupid on this.

    Deckbuilding - I might play the aven fleetwing over the ponder, but that's mostly because LSV says he doesn't love ponder in this format and I trust him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start to think about dropping Ponder, but during this draft it helped win one match. Opponent refused to kill the Looter for some reason, Loot->Ponder->Grave Titan draw and play. A complete edge case, I admit, but because of that I keep thinking I want one as the last in if there's not a clear better card (which there probably is).

    Fleetwing I'm cooling on if I don't have auras.

    ReplyDelete