Friday, August 26, 2011

Hello fellow limited resources members!

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I see from the notes that Marshall has included the link to the blog on the main page.  Welcome!  And I suggest that you hop on over to the how do I get my draft on the blog page.

(Edited now that I'm out of bed and showered and ready to face the day)


I'll introduce myself:  My name is Zach Orts and I've been a limited resources member since near the beginning (episode 6 or 7, I think) and I immediately listened to the whole back catalog.  Ryan and Marshall have greatly influenced my Magic game and how I think about gaming in general (even life sometimes too...).  As a gamer I like to play games of any sort: board games, video games, card games, etc..  I play exclusively limited and put myself on a budget of 14 dollars a week (which is what I would pay if I were drafting once a week in real life).  On a budget like that it's very difficult to make 8-4's work because I would much rather draft 3 times a week than 1 time a week, but maybe a lot more than that if I run good and/or draft a money card.  I consider myself a good drafter, though not a great drafter.  The draft recaps are there for the perusing so I'll let you be the judge.  My MTGO handle is Zvazda and you know me in the clan chat as the guy who is always asking for draft deck matches.

Outside of gaming, I'm a Musical Theatre major and I work as an accompanist, music director and arranger.  Most recently I worked as the music intern on Catch Me If You Can on Broadway, which was very exciting for me.  Naturally, the musical theatre world and the gaming world don't overlap very much, so I don't have very many real life friends who play magic and none who play seriously enough to draft.

Happy Drafting and I look forward to reviewing all of your drafts!

-Z


No comments:

Post a Comment