Friday, March 2, 2012

Lobster667's DII Draft #1


We've got a special peek on a draft of mine here - because the guy who beat me in round two and ended up winning the draft was kind enough to share his draft record file and decklist with me after the event! So without further ado, here are our two drafts (commented by me, both) and the resulting decks:
CptTyler's draft:

http://www.raredraft.com/watch?d=34dix

Lobster667 (two seats "upstream" from CptTyler Pack one)'s draft: http://www.raredraft.com/watch?d=34eau

And the resulting decks:

As I said, CptTyler went on to win the draft. I recouped from my loss to him in round two and took home round three to end with a record of 2-1.

Please take a look and critique mine and CptTyler's drafts - and my critique of his draft!




Cheers,
Lobster667.

1 comment:

  1. Lobster's Draft:

    P1P1 - I probably take the Death's caress, just because trading burden of guilt for half of a silent departure is sad.
    P1P2 - I like the Forge Devil or Undying Evil over Loyal Cathar. But I can't really fault you for staying on color, especially this early.
    P1P3 - I take the death's caress, but I'm always tempted to take evolving wilds :).
    P1P4 - Yeah, I slam the reap here and never look back. That card is soooooo good.
    P1P5 - I take the Black Cat or the torturer. You are getting so cut. Cut your losses and go into black. Also, hunger of the howlpack is waaaay better than tracker's instincts.
    P1P7 - Wrack with madness is quality removal! I take that.
    P1P9 - I do think the bear is better, but I can't think of any shenanigans without the wolf quiver. Are there any?


    Once you were solidified in your deck I liked your picks, but I would not have committed myself so early and would have been in a very different deck.

    CPTtyler -

    P1P4 - Unlike Lobster's draft I do like this pick. Lingering souls is a reason to commit early and while red is obviously open, it doesn't look like we're being cut on White yet. Also, hopefully that mattock wheels.
    P1P5 - I would MD Sudden Disappearance, especially in a BW aggro deck when you just dump dudes on the table and then need to punch through at the end.
    P1P6 - Yeah, I would probably make the pick... but after sudden disappearance it might be wrong. Collar is great with everything we already have.
    P1P7 - I'd take the Guard here. We already have so many cards that do nothing without dudes. I'd be getting scared.
    P2P2 - don't forget with the townsfolk card it's fine too! And with human equipment.
    P2P3 - Nope! I take the corpse all day.
    P2P4 - I take the spectral rider. I don't think we're control, but i guess we are already splashing black.
    P2P6 - I take Disciple.
    P2P7 - I take the Patrician, but I don't see the curve.
    P3P1 - I take the victim at this point, but I'm still aggro looking to not play parallel lives or gutter grime.
    P3P4 - I take the prey upon if I'm not taking the griffin.
    P3P6 - Spectral Rider.

    Tyler, thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete