Sunday, September 4, 2011

Zvazda's M12 #9





M1 - Lost G1 to a double lawkeeper, rune scarred demon deck.  I won G2 thanks to frost titan... and would have won G3, but I ran out of time.  I wasn't playing super slow or distracted or anything they were just grindy games with a lot of decisions.

M2 - my fliers just got there against his (apparently) spiderless green deck.  Frost Titan was essentially a 6 mana frost breath for one creature because of all his hexproof guys though!  (but then he could block, but he couldn't attack into a dungrove elder who was a 6/6!)

M3 G1 - he couldn't deal with a phantasmal dragon, who just cleaned up for the win.  His double skywinder drake couldn't block thanks to my lawkeeper.

M3 G2 - Frost Titan, Lawkeeper and dignitary helped me survive til I could hit inevitability with titan and serpent.

LISTEN ALONG WITH ZACH


This was a fast draft so we only got two albums in (after finishing American Beauty from last draft)

Way To Normal by Ben Folds.  Ben Folds is one of my favorites and I know his stuff inside and out.  Way to Normal houses one of my current favorite Ben Folds songs: Kylie from connecticut.

Not a pretty girl by Ani Difranco




4 comments:

  1. I would have moved into white P1P4 because I'm getting more and more down on green as I play, and that would have paid off with two more playables in the next few picks, but otherwise I think I'd play this pretty much as you did. I do think Carnage Wurm is better than Phantasmal Bear though, so if you're open to go into green I think that might have been the pick P1P5?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For now I just wanted to add that the Dragon has no synergy with the Boots, since the Equip is also a targetting ability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P1P4 - yeah, agreed on the down on green, but stingerfling is splashable and a reason to play green IMHO. I feel fairly comfortable with this pick (of course retrospect says white, but we can't be ROTTY.)

    P1P5 - Yeah, this was a bad call. Carnage wurm would have been the pick here. (or jump ship into white).

    Lobster - I know... I was joking. I need an emoticon next time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on the P1P5. I would probably have taken a Griffin of some sort. The Wurm is fine, but it's a 7-drop...

    ReplyDelete