Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lobster's Cube #1


http://www.raredraft.com/watch?d=36wl7



This was actually the third time I tried drafting the MTGO cube: After 2-1'ing two Swiss queues, one with Red-white aggro and one with a green-blue ramp deck, I decided to jump into an 8-4 and give the more competitive queues a shot - I ended up with a really good deck, too. Let's see...

My first match was against a White/Black reanimation deck: In game one, he mulliganed, groaned, mulliganed, paused, mulliganed two more times and conceded. In game two, he started out by stocking his graveyard with three creatures (Elesh Norn being the best of them), so I sat tight and only played my sword until I could cast Mirran Crusader and equip in the same turn. When he animated Elesh Norn on his own turn, my Crusader survived and I untapped, Swords to Plowshared the Cenobite and hit him for a kabillion damage, which caused him to rage quite a bit before conceding.

I don't recall a lot of game two; I think my opponent's deck was fine, but in one game I got in a hit with Hero of Bladehold, Raging Ravine and tokens; even though he dealt with the Hero and played a Glen Elendra Archmage to counter my sword and other gas in my hand, he had to chump-block the Ravine to stay alive and I won out that way.

The finals were really exciting; My opponent had a really good white-blue control deck which grinded my out game one. I got back with a relatively swift game two on the back of Primal Commanding Ruhan into my hand and fatesealing him with a useless permanent while I had a 5/5 knight on the table, which caused him to scoop. The final game was really long; I started out really well (Collonade T1, Fetch T2 (which I got the wrong land with - I needed green!), tutoring up sword and then ripping a green land like a lucksack. I unfortunately clicked through my turn without playing either sword or Rhox War Monk - the game lasted almost an hour past this, but it was really close to the end and I suspect that this turn might have been the one that costed me the game. I still had lots of fun and ended up winning four packs, though, so I am not complaining ;)

Cheers,
Lobster667.

No comments:

Post a Comment