Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sjuppi's Cube Draft #1


Hi!

http://www.raredraft.com/watch?d=3bon5#all

So this was my second cube draft with the MTGO cube, and I'm wondering
what you think.

P1P1: I was considering Ajani, but I've never played with him. I felt
that Coalition Relic would keep me open, and would be good in any
deck.

P1P2: Here I probably should have taken the Coldsteel heart. It's not
as powerful as the Oracle, but it keeps me open. Any way, it turned
out OK since I ended up with a ramp deck.

P1P4: I'm not sure how to evaluate lads this early in the draft. They
are high pick, and Tropical Island is a premium land. I went with the
Plow Under any way, also over Control Magic, but this pick could have
gone in any direction.

P1P9: Here I think I made a mistake, I think Willbender is just better
than Derange Hermit, and I did not even play it. But I wanted
something to ramp into, and the Hermit was the first I picked up.

P2P4: This one was a hard pick. I ended up taking a Cultivate over
Balance and Strip Mine, witch I regretted.Both Strip Mine and Balance
is so good cards, and I don't think it's correct to pass them. Any
ways, they both tabled, and I ended up taking Strip Mine.

P2P6: This pick was between Nobel Hierarch and Breeding Pool. Paralax
Wave was also under consideration.

P2P7: I picked up the Drogskol Reaver, but it should probably just
have been the Polluted Delta or Sorin.

P2P9: Is Edric good? I wanted to take him, but I went whit the safe
pick with a card I've played with before.

P3P7: I probably should have taken the elf over Explore, due to both
Cradle and Natural Order.

I ended up playing this list:

Taiga
Verdant Catacombs
Tropical Island
Savannah
Rootbound Crag
Strip Mine
Gaea's Cradle
Flooded Strand
4 Forest
1 Swamp
2 Plains
1 Island

Llanowar Elves
Avacyn's Pilgrim
Enclave Cryptologist
Noble Hierarch
Tarmogoyf
Palladium Myr
Oracle of Mul Daya
Obstinate Baloth
Broodmate Dragon
Woodfall Primus
Terastodon

Grim Monolith
Explore
Coalition Relic
Cultivate
Bant Charm
Natural Order
Parallax Wave
Faith's Fetters
Garruk Wildspeaker
Venser, the Sojourner
Mirari's Wake
Plow Under
Devil's Play


Sideboard:
Mystic Snake
Deranged Hermit
Trygon Predator
Genju of the Spires
Channel
Drogskol Reaver
Deep Analysis
Ninja of the Deep Hours
Worn Powerstone
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed
Crucible of Worlds
Krosan Grip
Rishadan Port


Some changes I would have made to the main deck:

Out:
Mirari's Wake
Enclave Cryptologist

In:
Channel
Trygon Predator

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment